Kwiniaska Golf Club is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of those in the golfing community and in the state of Vermont. We are taking the recent coronavirus or COVID-19 outbreak seriously, as such we are taking precautions, mandates, and recommendations from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the State of Vermont.
Effective May 7th, 2020 Vermont Governor Phil Scott allowed the opening of outdoor recreation, including golf courses under strict social distancing, sanitation, and other precautions to prevent the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus, please familiarize yourself with new guidelines Kwiniaska is implementing immediately as these restrictions will be in place for the foreseeable future.
Please note, Kwiniaska is open for members and guests of members ONLY beginning 8 am on Monday, May 11th, 2020. This is to respect and honor our members given the circumstances of this global pandemic.
- Masks or facial coverings are highly recommended when withing talking distance, even greater than 6 feet, of another individual.
- Please be aware that per Vermont guidelines, there will be approximately half the normal tee times available for booking.
- We are only taking reservations and will accommodate golfers who are either currently residing in Vermont and/or those traveling from out-of-state have completed a minimum 14-day self-quarantine.
- Currently only members are allowed to book tee times online, guests must call to book tee times.
- Tee times will be 15 minutes apart to permit physical distancing and maintenance of pace of play. We are not accepting any public tee times currently. We are opening for members and their guests only.
- ALL tee times reservations must be made online or over the phone
- All names of players should be recorded when booking a tee time, especially guests of members.
- Walk-ins will NOT be accommodated
- All payments must either be in the form of credit cards or charged to Member Accounts. Invoices will be sent the 1st week of each month for the previous month’s charges. These invoices need to be paid within 10 days or the account will be suspended and no further purchases can be made.
- Members and their guests not utilizing the practice areas must stay in their car until ten (10) minutes before their tee time. Players should go directly to the first tee. Golfers must bring their equipment to the facility and it cannot be touched by anyone else. Pack in, pack out.
- The practice green will be open with all touchpoints removed. There is a limit of 4 people allowed on or around the practice green.
- Golf course staff will monitor the teeing area to disallow congregating around the 1st tee
- Strict social distancing shall be in effect. Golf course staff shall verbally explain social distancing and other procedures to players and/or post signage explaining social distancing and other procedures
- Tee time intervals will be 15 minutes between groups. Absolutely no exception.
- Power carts are single rider only unless you share the same household and have proof of the same physical address. Carts cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. All power carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use. If possible, bring your own pull cart. A limited amount will be available for use.
- Walking is highly encouraged
- Golf Carts will be CART PATH ONLY on all par 3s in addition to #12 and #17 and will be strictly enforced.
- Golf carts can be picked up in front of the clubhouse by the 1st tee. Keys will be in the carts and a staff member will be there.
- Golfers without a pre-scheduled tee time are not permitted, they must arrange a reservation prior to arriving at the course. Book online or by phone. No WALK-ONs.
- Congregating in the parking lot is not permitted before or after play.
- To eliminate touchpoints, bag services, locker rooms, and club rentals will not be provided to eliminate touchpoints where the virus might be transmitted. Be prepared to carry your own bag and, when required, placing it on a pull cart or power cart.
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING ALWAYS (minimum 6 ft apart), from greetings upon arrival, in and around practice areas, the tee, putting greens, and at the conclusion of the round.
- The Clubhouse is open with a maximum capacity of 10 persons including staff. If you would like to purchase snack, beer, soda, or bottled water, please come in to the Golf Shop or order via the phone. We can get your order together and have it ready for you when you arrive or deliver it out on the course.
- The bathrooms will be open and cleaned every 60 minutes. There might be times when the bathrooms are closed for cleaning. We strongly recommend using a restroom before you come to the course.
- No golf carts will be given to go to the practice facility.
- The practice green by the 6th tee is open for use only before your round
- No flags will be in the practice green.
- Maximum of 4 people on the green at one time
- The Kwini Club Practice Facility will be sending its own variation of rules. They plan to be open starting Thursday, May 7th at 8 am, 7 days a week. MATS only.
- We are not allowed at this time to hand out tees, scorecards, pencils, repair tools, etc. Please plan accordingly.
- As always, no more than 4 people per group and maintaining 6 feet.
- As always, bringing your own alcohol is strictly prohibited, this violates Vermont. Coolers are allowed, but all coolers will be searched prior to your round.
- Golfers must use their own clubs, no sharing or renting of clubs allowed.
- Carts must observe strict 90 degree rules on par 4s and 5s and carts must remain on the cart path on par 3s and holes 12 and 17.
- Most touchable surfaces have been removed
- Ball washers are not on the course, wet your towel ahead of time.
- All the bunkers that have sand removed, will be treated as a No Play Zone. Remove your ball to the nearest point of relief, no closer to the hole, and play on.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. You may play as it lies or pick up the ball and use your foot to smooth the sand and then drop the ball
- Sand and seed containers are not on the course. Please repair your divots as best you can.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAG STICK.
- Each golf hole has been lined with a foam noodle to prevent your ball from going completely in the hole. A putt is to be considered holed if it hits the cup and comes to rest within 12 inches of the cup.
- Garbage and recycle cans are located around the clubhouse as well as the cart return staging area.
- NO groups are allowed to play through.
- You may call the Golf Shop if you would like water, soda, or beer. We will charge your member account and bring it out to you.
- Please return your cart to the Dirty Cart Drop Off area (same place as before)
- Please COMPLETELY empty your cart of all personal belongings AND GARBAGE
- The power washer will not be available for use other than by staff
- Promptly leave the course upon finishing your round.
- Please do not congregate in the parking lot before or after your round
- Golf course staff shall monitor parking lot areas to ensure no post-round congregating or tailgating
- Golf course staff shall disinfect golf cart interiors and touchpoints after the golfer completes their round.
- The GHIN Handicap Computer is closed. All scores can be posted via the GHIN App on your smartphone or online at GHIN.com. Our staff can also help post scores if you need, simply call or email JP or Charli for assistance.
All policies will be enforced and anyone not in compliance with these policies will be asked to leave the premises and may be suspended from future play.
Thank you in advance for your efforts and willingness to adhere to the above guidelines and for doing your part to stop the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus. We will continually update our guidelines as new developments occur in the global pandemic.
We understand that these are significant changes to the Kwiniaska community and will affect your golf experience, but by following these regulations we can continue to play the sport we all love and long for.
Kwiniaska Golf Club staff will closely monitor recommendations from the State, CDC, and WHO and will make adjustments as necessary. Thank you again for your cooperation during these unprecedented times, stay safe, and play well!