Kwiniaska Golf Club is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of those in the golfing community and in the state of Vermont. We are taking the recent coronavirus or COVID-19 outbreak seriously, as such we are taking precautions, mandates, and recommendations from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the State of Vermont.
Effective May 7th, 2020 Vermont Governor Phil Scott allowed the opening of outdoor recreation, including golf courses under strict social distancing, sanitation, and other precautions to prevent the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus, please familiarize yourself with new guidelines Kwiniaska is implementing immediately as these restrictions will be in place for the foreseeable future.
- Masks or facial coverings are required inside the clubhouse, in the parking lot, around the outside of the clubhouse and at the 1st tee when checking in with the starter. After that please practice social distancing.
- Non-members cannot book tee times online and must call the Golf Shop for a reservation. Reservations require a first and last name as well as a valid phone number.
- Carts cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. All power carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use. Two people are now allowed to ride in a cart.
- Golf carts can be driven to the range if you intend to use that cart for the duration of your round.
- The practice green by the 6th tee is open for use before your round.
- Maximum of 6 people on the green at one time
- Face masks are required to enter the clubhouse. If you refuse, you may call from your car to check-in and pay for any necessary fees and purchases.
- Golfers must bring their own equipment to the facility and it cannot be touched by anyone else. Pack in, pack out.
- Golf course staff will monitor the teeing area to disallow congregating around the 1st tee
- Carts cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. All power carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Walking is highly encouraged
- You may use a 90 degree rule with the golf carts, except on all par 3s in addition to holes #11, #12 and #17 which are CART PATH ONLY and will be strictly enforced.
- Golf carts can be picked up in front of the clubhouse by the 1st tee. These carts have been sanitized, keys will be in the carts.
- To eliminate touchpoints, bag services, locker rooms, and club rentals will not be provided to eliminate touchpoints where the virus might be transmitted. Be prepared to carry your own bag and, when required, placing it on a pull cart or power cart.
- The Clubhouse is open with a maximum capacity of 42 people including staff. If you would like to purchase snack, beer, soda, or bottled water, please come in to the Golf Shop or order via the phone at 802-985-3672. We can get your order together and have it ready for you when you arrive or deliver it out on the course.
- The bathrooms will be open and cleaned every 60 minutes. There might be times when the bathrooms are closed for cleaning. We strongly recommend using a restroom before you come to the course.
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCTING ALWAYS (minimum 6' apart), from greeting upon arrival, in and around practice areas, the tee, putting greens and at the conclusion of the round. As always, no more than 4 people per group
- Bringing your own alcohol is strictly prohibited, this violates Vermont law. Coolers are allowed, but all coolers will be searched prior to your round.
- Golfers must use their own clubs, no sharing or renting of clubs allowed.
- Carts must observe 90 degree rules on par 4s and 5s and carts must remain on the cart path on par 3s and holes 11, 12 and 17.
- There are no water jugs on the course.
- Ball washers are not on the course, wet your towel ahead of time.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. You may play as it lies or pick up the ball and use your foot to smooth the sand and then drop the ball.
- Sand and seed containers are not on the course. Please repair your divots as best you can.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAG STICK.
- Each golf hole has been lined with a foam noodle to prevent your ball from going completely in the hole. A putt is to be considered holed when it comes to rest in the hole.
- You may call the Golf Shop if you would like water, soda, or beer.
- Please return your cart to the Dirty Cart Drop Off area (same place as before)
- Please COMPLETELY empty your cart of all personal belongings AND GARBAGE
- The power washer is not available for use other than by staff
- Golf course staff shall disinfect golf cart interiors and touchpoints after the golfer completes their round.
- The GHIN Handicap Computer is closed. All scores can be posted via the GHIN App on your smartphone or online at GHIN.com. Our staff can also help post scores if you need, simply call or email John or Charli for assistance.
All policies will be enforced and anyone not in compliance with these policies will be asked to leave the premises and may be suspended from future play.
Thank you in advance for your efforts and willingness to adhere to the above guidelines and for doing your part to stop the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus. We will continually update our guidelines as new developments occur in the global pandemic.
We understand that these are significant changes to the Kwiniaska community and will affect your golf experience, but by following these regulations we can continue to play the sport we all love and long for.
Kwiniaska Golf Club staff will closely monitor recommendations from the State, CDC, and WHO and will make adjustments as necessary. Thank you again for your cooperation during these unprecedented times, stay safe, and play well!